The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC)
The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC) is a European project for making FAIR data a reality in 6 European Research Infrastructures (RIs), developing and providing services for scientific data and connecting these to the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Participate in the construction of the EOSC by linking with the e-infrastructures and other ESFRI clusters.
- Make scientific data produced at Europe’s major Photon and Neutron sources fully compatible with the FAIR principles.
- Generalise the adoption of open data policies, standard metadata and data stewardship from 15 photon and neutron RIs and physics institutes across Europe
- Provide innovative data services to the users of these facilities locally and the scientific community at large via the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Increase the impact of RIs by ensuring data from user experiments can be used beyond the initial scope.
- Share the outcomes with the national RIs who are observers in the proposal and the community at large to promote the adoption of FAIR data principles, data stewardship and the EOSC.
- Published 22nd September 2020
Save the date and register: Photon and Neutron EOSC Symposium + PaNOSC & ExPaNDS Annual Meeting
The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC) and the European Open Science Cloud Photon and Neutron Data Service (ExPaNDS) projects are organizing, jointly with the Extreme-Light-Infrastructure (ELI), a “Photon and Neutron EOSC symposium” on 9 November 2020 followed by the “2020 PaNOSC & ExPaNDS Annual meeting” on 10-11 November 2020. Due to the pandemic of COVID-19 this event is planned to be held as an online event only. […]Read
- Published 21st September 2020
EOSC - a tool for enabling Open Science in Europe
The European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) will “enable a trusted, virtual, federated environment in Europe to store, share and reuse digital outputs from research (including publications, data, metadata and software) across borders and scientific disciplines”. Today, at the end of 2020, many building blocks are in place and on-going EOSC projects endeavour to enrich the […]Read
- Published 26th August 2020
Watch the newly released video "The DOI for data"
Photon and Neutron (PaN) facilities represented in the H2020 projects, PaNOSC, FILL2030 and ExPaNDS, and members of LEAPS and LENS, the largest initiatives federating European PaN sources, are pleased to present the video presentation “The DOI for data”. Watch the video here: Learn more on DOI for data here. Share this contentRead
Register for the ExPaNDS workshop – FAIR for facilities
ExPaNDS has organized the first online workshop in a series of two, aimed at instrument scientists to provide an overview of FAIR – data that are findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable. We consider key questions related to the data facilities produce: What is FAIR? What’s the difference between FAIR and Open? What are the benefits […]More info
Register for the ExPaNDS workshop – The FAIR Experiment
The second online workshop in a series of two, organized in the frame of the ExPaNDS project and aimed at instrument scientists and other facility staff, explores the FAIR experiment. What are the implications of FAIR for data management before, during, and after the experiment? When, where and how during the lifecycle of an experiment […]More info
ExPaNDS/PaNOSC Technical Workshop: The Portal Architecture test experience
The two sister projects, PaNOSC and ExPaNDS, have been organizing the technical workshop “The Portal Architecture test experience”, taking place online, on October 8th, from 13:00 to 17:00 CEST. The meeting aims to gather professionals from the Photon and Neutron (PaN) facilities who are participating in the development and integration of the technical tools on […]More info
European Photon & Neutron EOSC Symposium and PaNOSC & ExPaNDS annual meeting
The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC) and the European Open Science Cloud Photon and Neutron Data Service (ExPaNDS) projects are organizing, jointly with the Extreme-Light-Infrastructure (ELI), a “Photon and Neutron EOSC symposium” on 9 November 2020 followed by the “2020 PaNOSC & ExPaNDS Annual meeting” on 10-11 November 2020. Due to the pandemic […]More info