The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC)
The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC) is a European project for making FAIR data a reality in 6 European Research Infrastructures (RIs), developing and providing services for scientific data and connecting these to the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Participate in the construction of the EOSC by linking with the e-infrastructures and other ESFRI clusters.
- Make scientific data produced at Europe’s major Photon and Neutron sources fully compatible with the FAIR principles.
- Generalise the adoption of open data policies, standard metadata and data stewardship from 15 photon and neutron RIs and physics institutes across Europe
- Provide innovative data services to the users of these facilities locally and the scientific community at large via the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Increase the impact of RIs by ensuring data from user experiments can be used beyond the initial scope.
- Share the outcomes with the national RIs who are observers in the proposal and the community at large to promote the adoption of FAIR data principles, data stewardship and the EOSC.
- Published 13th December 2019
OpenPMD standard for simulation data (and metadata) further developed in PaNOSC WP5
Standardized formatting and hierarchical organization of simulation data and associated metadata is paramount to support seamless exchange of data between simulation software in simulation pipelines and to benefit from third party data visualization and analysis software that support these formats. In the frame of PaNOSC WP5 – Virtual Neutron and X-ray laboratory, metadata standard extensions […]Read
- Published 11th December 2019
Interview with PaNOSC coordinator, Andy Götz, on PaNOSC contribution to the EOSC
We interviewed Andy Götz, PaNOSC coordinator and Head of the Software Group at the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF) in Grenoble, on the contribution that PaNOSC will bring to the construction of the EOSC. Watch the full interview: Putting PaNOSC into context, Götz started by reminding that photon and neutron sources are used by scientists […]Read
- Published 21st November 2019
Another milestone reached with the 1st PaNOSC annual meeting
The 1st PaNOSC annual meeting gathered 62 managers, IT experts, computational scientists and staff from European Photon and Neutron (PaN) sources and e-infrastructures partners in PaNOSC and ExPaNDS, as well as representatives of the EOSC Executive Board, to discuss the state of the project, its progress and plans for the upcoming years. The event, organized […]Read