The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC)
The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC) is a European project for making FAIR data a reality in 6 European Research Infrastructures (RIs), developing and providing services for scientific data and connecting these to the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Participate in the construction of the EOSC by linking with the e-infrastructures and other ESFRI clusters.
- Make scientific data produced at Europe’s major Photon and Neutron sources fully compatible with the FAIR principles.
- Generalise the adoption of open data policies, standard metadata and data stewardship from 15 photon and neutron RIs and physics institutes across Europe
- Provide innovative data services to the users of these facilities locally and the scientific community at large via the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Increase the impact of RIs by ensuring data from user experiments can be used beyond the initial scope.
- Share the outcomes with the national RIs who are observers in the proposal and the community at large to promote the adoption of FAIR data principles, data stewardship and the EOSC.
- Published 24th November 2020
Photon and Neutron EOSC Symposium and PaNOSC & ExPaNDS Annual Meeting: an Overview
Over 140 participants, including IT professionals, researchers and managers from photon and neutron facilities, and representatives of the EOSC landscape, attended the 1st online Photon and Neutron EOSC Symposium, jointly organized by PaNOSC and ExPaNDS on 9th November. The projects’ annual meeting followed on 10th – 11th November, gathering PaNOSC and ExPaNDS managers and contributors […]Read
- Published 28th October 2020
Online the PaNOSC brochure on the project's main achievements
Following PaNOSC review meeting with the European Commission in June 2020, we are glad to release a brochure showcasing the project’s progress and main achievements 18 months after its start, in the fields of data policy and stewardship, data catalogue, data analysis and simulation, EOSC integration, sustainability, staff and user training, and collaboration with other […]Read
- Published 7th October 2020
Watch the recordings from PaNOSC @ESS-ILL user meeting
On 23 September 2020, PaNOSC took part in the Joint ESS / ILL User Meeting, with the presentation: PaNOSC – Enabling FAIR data and Open Science for neutrons and photons. In his talk, the project coordinator, Andy Götz, explained what PaNOSC has been doing to enable Open Science, and gave an update on the state of […]Read