The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC)
The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC) is a European project for making FAIR data a reality in 6 European Research Infrastructures (RIs), developing and providing services for scientific data and connecting these to the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Participate in the construction of the EOSC by linking with the e-infrastructures and other ESFRI clusters.
- Make scientific data produced at Europe’s major Photon and Neutron sources fully compatible with the FAIR principles.
- Generalise the adoption of open data policies, standard metadata and data stewardship from 15 photon and neutron RIs and physics institutes across Europe
- Provide innovative data services to the users of these facilities locally and the scientific community at large via the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Increase the impact of RIs by ensuring data from user experiments can be used beyond the initial scope.
- Share the outcomes with the national RIs who are observers in the proposal and the community at large to promote the adoption of FAIR data principles, data stewardship and the EOSC.
- Published 8th October 2019
Interview with PaNOSC computational physicist Aljosa Hafner, on the use and benefits of the EOSC
We interviewed one of PaNOSC contributors, dr. Aljoša Hafner, to ask him how the EOSC could benefit the photon and neutron user community, as well as the workflow of researchers working in his scientific domain, i.e. soft condensed matter. Aljoša is currently employed as Computational Physicist at CERIC-ERIC, and is actively involved in the development […]Read
- Published 7th October 2019
Material from the PaNOSC Jupyter workshop at ICALEPCS 2019 now online
The material presented at the PaNOSC Jupyter workshop held on October 5th at ICALEPCS2019 in New York City, is now available at this link. The satellite meeting started with a brief introduction by Hans Fangohr – leader of WP4: Data Analysis Services – to the Jupyter Notebook* and the ecosystem of tools that are based […]Read
- Published 19th September 2019
New 6M€ European grant awarded to ExPaNDS to drive open access data
A new 6M€ grant is being launched for the Photon and Neutron Data Services (ExPaNDS) to come together and work under the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC). This ambitious project will create enormous opportunities for scientific communities, and through their findings for humankind worldwide. It aims to publish and map the data behind the thousands […]Read
EOSC Services, Collaborations, and the RDA. Registration now open!
ESFRI Cluster Projects. RDA. EOSC. RDA P14 side event to discuss commonalities and collaborative solutions for community research data management 21 October, 12.00 – 16.00, Helsinki SSHOC is coordinating the EOSC Services, Collaborations, and the RDA Plenary side-event, a discussion forum for all five ESFRI cluster projects, Research Data Alliance – RDA Working and Interest Groups, and […]More info
PaNOSC 1st Annual Meeting
The 1st Annual Meeting of the Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud project (PaNOSC) will take place from 4 to 7 November 2019 in Trieste, Italy. The meeting will bring together PaNOSC project partners and other EOSC clusters, with the aim of sharing information and increasing collaboration among different parts. Project partners will present the status and […]More info