The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC)
The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC) is a European project for making FAIR data a reality in 6 European Research Infrastructures (RIs), developing and providing services for scientific data and connecting these to the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Participate in the construction of the EOSC by linking with the e-infrastructures and other ESFRI clusters.
- Make scientific data produced at Europe’s major Photon and Neutron sources fully compatible with the FAIR principles.
- Generalise the adoption of open data policies, standard metadata and data stewardship from 15 photon and neutron RIs and physics institutes across Europe
- Provide innovative data services to the users of these facilities locally and the scientific community at large via the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Increase the impact of RIs by ensuring data from user experiments can be used beyond the initial scope.
- Share the outcomes with the national RIs who are observers in the proposal and the community at large to promote the adoption of FAIR data principles, data stewardship and the EOSC.
- Published 25th May 2020
Discover OSCOVIDA, the PaNOSC Open Science COVID Analysis platform, tracking data about COVID19 worldwide
OSCOVIDA, the Open Science COVID Analysis website is now online at http://oscovida.github.io! The platform collects and shows analysis plots of COVID19 cases and deaths to better understand the time development of the pandemic and measures taken in all countries worldwide. Watch the video interview with prof. Hans Fangohr about OSCOVIDA here: For each country, a […]Read
- Published 24th May 2020
PaNOSC updates research data policy framework to be FAIR
Ten years after the PaN-data policy, PaNOSC has released an updated FAIR Data Policy framework for research data, which describes the common framework for management of scientific data at photon and neutron facilities, and will be used by PaNOSC and ExPaNDS‘ community to ensure research data is FAIR. The participating facilities are used by researchers […]Read
- Published 14th May 2020
Jonathan Taylor's (European Spallation Source) view on EOSC
Jonathan Taylor, Head of the Data Management and Software Centre (scientific computing division at the PaNOSC partner European Spallation Source – ESS) talks about EOSC and its benefits for the users of photon and neutron sources, who will be able to access and analyse data remotely via a Cloud-like user experience. The value of interoperability […]Read
2020 PaNOSC and ExPaNDS annual meeting
9-11 November 2020, @ELI Beamlines – Dolní Břežany, Czech Republic We are pleased to announce that the annual meeting of the PaNOSC and ExPaNDS projects will be held on 9-11 November 2020 at ELI Beamlines in the outskirts of Prague in Dolní Břežany, Czech Republic. The meeting will start right after lunch on Monday 9th […]More info