The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC)
The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC) is a European project for making FAIR data a reality in 6 European Research Infrastructures (RIs), developing and providing services for scientific data and connecting these to the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Participate in the construction of the EOSC by linking with the e-infrastructures and other ESFRI clusters.
- Make scientific data produced at Europe’s major Photon and Neutron sources fully compatible with the FAIR principles.
- Generalise the adoption of open data policies, standard metadata and data stewardship from 15 photon and neutron RIs and physics institutes across Europe
- Provide innovative data services to the users of these facilities locally and the scientific community at large via the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Increase the impact of RIs by ensuring data from user experiments can be used beyond the initial scope.
- Share the outcomes with the national RIs who are observers in the proposal and the community at large to promote the adoption of FAIR data principles, data stewardship and the EOSC.
- Published 16th January 2020
Video interview with Matthew Bowler on structural biology and the EOSC
We interviewed Matthew Bowler, EMBL beamline scientist at the ESRF-EMBL automated Beamline MASSIF-1, on the value of the EOSC for the research community in the field of structural biology. Watch the full interview: Bowler has been collaborating with the ESRF for the planning and construction of a fully automated beamline for macromolecular crystallography, which looks […]Read
- Published 20th December 2019
ESRF data repository selected for support towards achieving CoreTrustSeal certification
Following the opening of two calls in the frame of the FAIRsFAIR project between July and August 2019, ESRF data repository has been one of the 10 repositories selected to receive support from FAIRsFAIR towards achieving CoreTrustSeal certification. Read more about the application results here. The ESRF data repository is intended to store and archive […]Read
- Published 17th December 2019
Published the report on current technical elements of data analysis at PaNOSC partner sites
In November 2019, the project’s deliverable D4.1 – Report on current technical elements of data analysis at PaNOSC partner sites was submitted and published. The document includes the results of a survey of existing data analysis infrastructure, which was designed by and distributed to all PaNOSC partner facilities (CERIC-ERIC, ILL, XFEL, ESS, ELI and ESRF) with the aim of building up […]Read