The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC)
The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC) is a European project (financed by the INFRAEOSC-04 call) for making FAIR data a reality in 6 European Research Infrastructures (RIs), developing and providing services for scientific data and connecting these to the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Participate in the construction of the EOSC by linking with the e-infrastructures and other ESFRI clusters.
- Make scientific data produced at Europe’s major Photon and Neutron sources fully compatible with the FAIR principles.
- Generalise the adoption of open data policies, standard metadata and data stewardship from 15 photon and neutron RIs and physics institutes across Europe
- Provide innovative data services to the users of these facilities locally and the scientific community at large via the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Increase the impact of RIs by ensuring data from user experiments can be used beyond the initial scope.
- Share the outcomes with the national RIs who are observers in the proposal and the community at large to promote the adoption of FAIR data principles, data stewardship and the EOSC.
- Published 19th September 2019
New 6M€ European grant awarded to ExPaNDS to drive open access data
A new 6M€ grant is being launched for the Photon and Neutron Data Services (ExPaNDS) to come together and work under the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC). This ambitious project will create enormous opportunities for scientific communities, and through their findings for humankind worldwide. It aims to publish and map the data behind the thousands […]Read
- Published 7th August 2019
Reproducible science discussed at the Jupyter for Science workshop
Jupyter is the “Google Docs” of data science. It provides that same kind of easy-to-use ecosystem, but for interactive data exploration, modelling, and analysis. However, some work still needs to be done to make Jupyter the best interactive and practical tool for big science. Doing this right will take a community: New collaborations between core […]Read
- Published 18th July 2019
Kick-off meeting of PaNOSC WP4 hosted at EuXFEL
The kick-off meeting of PaNOSC work package 4 – Data Analysis Services, took place from 25 to 27 June at EuXFEL in Schenefeld, Germany, with the goal of better coordinating the people involved in the WP and the future operational steps. After an overview of PaNOSC by the project coordinator, Andz Götz, Prof. Hans Fangohr, […]Read
EOSC Services, Collaborations, and the RDA. Registration now open!
ESFRI Cluster Projects. RDA. EOSC. RDA P14 side event to discuss commonalities and collaborative solutions for community research data management 21 October, 12.00 – 16.00, Helsinki SSHOC is coordinating the EOSC Services, Collaborations, and the RDA Plenary side-event, a discussion forum for all five ESFRI cluster projects, Research Data Alliance – RDA Working and Interest Groups, and […]More info
PaNOSC 1st Annual Meeting
The 1st Annual Meeting of the Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud project (PaNOSC) will take place on 4-5 November 2019 in Trieste, Italy. The meeting will bring together PaNOSC project partners and other EOSC clusters, with the aim of sharing information and increasing collaboration among different parts. Project partners will present the status and progress of […]More info