The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC)
The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC) is a European project (financed by the INFRAEOSC-04 call) for making FAIR data a reality in 6 European Research Infrastructures (RIs), developing and providing services for scientific data and connecting these to the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Participate in the construction of the EOSC by linking with the e-infrastructures and other ESFRI clusters.
- Make scientific data produced at Europe’s major Photon and Neutron sources fully compatible with the FAIR principles.
- Generalise the adoption of open data policies, standard metadata and data stewardship from 15 photon and neutron RIs and physics institutes across Europe
- Provide innovative data services to the users of these facilities locally and the scientific community at large via the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Increase the impact of RIs by ensuring data from user experiments can be used beyond the initial scope.
- Share the outcomes with the national RIs who are observers in the proposal and the community at large to promote the adoption of FAIR data principles, data stewardship and the EOSC.
- Published 8th July 2019
EOSC projects gathered at the EOSC jam session in Turin
On 6-7 June 2019 in Turin, Italy, EOSC Secretariat held its first of a series of events titled “EOSC Jam Session”, which gathered all Call-5 and EOSC ESFRI Cluster projects, including PaNOSC, with the goal of bringing all EOSC projects together, also involving stakeholders, in support of the EOSC governance in its goal to co-create the EOSC. […]Read
- Published 3rd June 2019
PaNOSC WP3 kicked off at the European Spallation Source
On 23-24 May 2019, the European Spallation Source – ESS hosted the kick-off meeting of PaNOSC Work Package 3 – Data Catalog Services, at the ESS Data Management and Software Centre (DMSC) in Copenhagen. After opening presentations of all invited partners, the meeting started with an overview of the results stemming from the data catalogue […]Read
- Published 31st May 2019
Closer links between PaNOSC and ExPaNDS established at the LEAPS-IT meeting
On 13-15 May 2019, the Paul Scherrer Institute hosted the LEAPS-IT meeting, where both PaNOSC and ExPaNDS were presented, to stimulate the discussion about the possible fields and activities for collaboration between the two projects, which have the common goal of making science reliable and reproducible. Andy Götz, PaNOSC coordinator, gave an overview of the […]Read
ExPaNDS kick-off meeting
The H2020 ExPaNDS project will be officially launched on 11-12 September at the DESY accelerator centre in Hamburg – Germany. The event aims to start the project and the work within the different work packages, and to identify relationships and cooperation opportunities with other projects (such as PaNOSC, EOSC Synergy, EOSC Pillar, EOSC Nordic, NI4OS) […]More info
Register now to the HDF5 European Workshop for Science and Industry
The ESRF, in the frame of PaNOSC and in collaboration with HDFGroup, is organizing the HDF5 European Workshop for Science and Industry, taking place at the ESRF headquarters in Grenoble – France, on 17-18 September 2019. The aim of the workshop is to highlight the use of HDF in science and industry, to discuss use […]More info
PaNOSC WP3 workshop at ILL
The ILL will host a PaNOSC WP3 Workshop from Wednesday 18th September to Thursday 19th September 2019 in Grenoble, with the principal objective of advancing the specifications of the FAIR data API as defined in Task 3.1. Topics for discussion include: FAIR data API API endpoints Returned data structure Search and query formulation API Validators Result aggregation from multiple facilities Federated Search […]More info