The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC)
The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC) is a European project for making FAIR data a reality in 6 European Research Infrastructures (RIs), developing and providing services for scientific data and connecting these to the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Participate in the construction of the EOSC by linking with the e-infrastructures and other ESFRI clusters.
- Make scientific data produced at Europe’s major Photon and Neutron sources fully compatible with the FAIR principles.
- Generalise the adoption of open data policies, standard metadata and data stewardship from 15 photon and neutron RIs and physics institutes across Europe
- Provide innovative data services to the users of these facilities locally and the scientific community at large via the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Increase the impact of RIs by ensuring data from user experiments can be used beyond the initial scope.
- Share the outcomes with the national RIs who are observers in the proposal and the community at large to promote the adoption of FAIR data principles, data stewardship and the EOSC.
- Published 3rd July 2020
Hungarian contribution to PaNOSC OSCOVIDA allows following COVID-19 pandemic in the country at county level
COVID19 pandemic is an enormous challenge for all countries. European XFEL contributes on multiple frontiers including the PaNOSC supported citizen science platform OSCOVIDA (https://oscovida.github.io/) for analysing the outbreak. “One of the biggest challenges is to get the data and organise it in a way that others can properly interpret and reuse it efficiently” – explains […]Read
- Published 25th May 2020
Discover OSCOVIDA, the PaNOSC Open Science COVID Analysis platform, tracking data about COVID19 worldwide
OSCOVIDA, the Open Science COVID Analysis website is now online at http://oscovida.github.io! The platform collects and shows analysis plots of COVID19 cases and deaths to better understand the time development of the pandemic and measures taken in all countries worldwide. Watch the video interview with prof. Hans Fangohr about OSCOVIDA here: For each country, a […]Read
- Published 24th May 2020
PaNOSC updates research data policy framework to be FAIR
Ten years after the PaN-data policy, PaNOSC has released an updated FAIR Data Policy framework for research data, which describes the common framework for management of scientific data at photon and neutron facilities, and will be used by PaNOSC and ExPaNDS‘ community to ensure research data is FAIR. The participating facilities are used by researchers […]Read
2020 PaNOSC and ExPaNDS annual meeting
9-11 November 2020, @ELI Beamlines – Dolní Břežany, Czech Republic We are pleased to announce that the annual meeting of the PaNOSC and ExPaNDS projects will be held on 9-11 November 2020 at ELI Beamlines in the outskirts of Prague in Dolní Břežany, Czech Republic. The meeting will start right after lunch on Monday 9th […]More info