The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC)
The Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud (PaNOSC) is a European project for making FAIR data a reality in 6 European Research Infrastructures (RIs), developing and providing services for scientific data and connecting these to the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Participate in the construction of the EOSC by linking with the e-infrastructures and other ESFRI clusters.
- Make scientific data produced at Europe’s major Photon and Neutron sources fully compatible with the FAIR principles.
- Generalise the adoption of open data policies, standard metadata and data stewardship from 15 photon and neutron RIs and physics institutes across Europe
- Provide innovative data services to the users of these facilities locally and the scientific community at large via the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Increase the impact of RIs by ensuring data from user experiments can be used beyond the initial scope.
- Share the outcomes with the national RIs who are observers in the proposal and the community at large to promote the adoption of FAIR data principles, data stewardship and the EOSC.
- Published 19th March 2020
EOSC FAIR WG call for a team of experts on FAIR principles' legal and regulatory issues
The EOSC FAIR Working Group has launched a call for a team of experts to develop and deliver a study on legal and regulatory issues related to the application of FAIR principles across and within different EU jurisdictions. The experts should provide a state-of-the-art analysis on legal and regulatory issues and developments at the EU […]Read
- Published 12th March 2020
Announcement: 2020 PaNOSC and ExPaNDS annual meeting
9-11 November 2020, @ELI Beamlines – Dolní Břežany, Czech Republic We are pleased to announce that the annual meeting of the PaNOSC and ExPaNDS projects will be held on 9-11 November 2020 at ELI Beamlines in the outskirts of Prague in Dolní Břežany, Czech Republic. The meeting will start right after lunch on Monday 9th […]Read
- Published 20th February 2020
Online the EOSC cluster projects' position papers on expectations and planned contributions to the EOSC
The future European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) is shaped along action lines that are detailed in close collaboration between the EOSC governance boards and ESFRI. EOSCsecretariat.eu has collected stakeholders’ views on the implementation of EOSC, which ended up in a document presenting a collection of five position papers from all ESFRI cluster projects: PaNOSC, EOSC-Life, […]Read
Work Package 5 Workshop – Virtual Neutron and X-ray Laboratory (VINYL)
A workshop on WP5 Virtual Neutron and X-ray Laboratory (VINYL) will take place at European XFEL on 23-24 April, 2020. The programme of the event envisages discussions about ViNYL API development plan and collaborations with other PaNOSC work packages (WP4 – Data Analysis Services, and WP8 – Staff and User Training). Hands-on practice will also […]More info
PaNOSC @ the 4th ELI European User Office Meeting (EUOM)
PaNOSC will be presented at the 4th European User Office Meeting (EUOM) organized by the Extreme-Light-Infrastructure (ELI). The event will be held at ELI Beamlines in Dolní Břežany in the Czech Republic with the support of ERF, the Association of European-Level Research Infrastructures Facilities. In particular, Rudolf Dimper from ESRF, will give an overview of data and publication policies based on […]More info
2020 PaNOSC and ExPaNDS annual meeting
9-11 November 2020, @ELI Beamlines – Dolní Břežany, Czech Republic We are pleased to announce that the annual meeting of the PaNOSC and ExPaNDS projects will be held on 9-11 November 2020 at ELI Beamlines in the outskirts of Prague in Dolní Břežany, Czech Republic. The meeting will start right after lunch on Monday 9th […]More info