EOSC Services, Collaborations, and the RDA. Registration now open!
ESFRI Cluster Projects. RDA. EOSC.
RDA P14 side event to discuss commonalities and collaborative solutions for community research data management
21 October, 12.00 – 16.00, Helsinki
SSHOC is coordinating the EOSC Services, Collaborations, and the RDA Plenary side-event, a discussion forum for all five ESFRI cluster projects, Research Data Alliance – RDA Working and Interest Groups, and EOSC representatives on the journey to EOSC.
Seats are limited.
Presentations and discussions will evolve around the commonalities and potential collaborations on community research data management solutions. The focus will be on the technical, social and governance aspects that each of the cluster projects, as well as RDA Working and Interest Groups, are addressing, with the aim to identify and share best practices among the projects and communities.
Who should attend
The EOSC and Research Data Communities: Researchers, RIs in EOSC cluster projects, ESFRI, research data experts, RDA communities (working and interest groups’ members).
Connecting to EOSC
The five European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures (ESFRI) cluster projects provide a gathering point for various ESFRI Research Infrastructures to connect to European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) in large thematic domains:
- ENVRI-FAIR – Europe’s environmental research infrastructures
- EOSC-life – creating EOSC for the life sciences
- ESCAPE – astronomy & particle physics cluster
- PaNOSC – Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud
- SSHOC – Social Sciences and Humanities Open Cloud
Main points of discussion
- Defining ESFRI cluster commonalities
- Leveraging RDA building blocks
- Data services
- Connecting to research communities
- Governance and how to connect to EOSC
- Research data policies and standards
- Research data management and stewardship
- FAIR data sharing and publishing domain data in the EOSC
Coordinated by the Social Sciences and Humanities Open Cloud (SSHOC). Please note that the event is co-located with the RDA 14th Plenary and will take place at Aalto University, DIPOLI, Otakaari 24, Otaniemi, Espoo. Participants attending this event only, do not have to pay the RDA Plenary 14 registration fee.