Software Engineer – Databases and Web development @CERIC-ERIC
The Central European Research Infrastructure Consortium, CERIC–ERIC, is a multidisciplinary Research Infrastructure open for basic and applied research in all fields of Materials, Biomaterials and Nanotechnology. CERIC has been built by integrating leading national research facilities based in 8 countries (Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Romania and Slovenia) into a unique European entity supporting the production of basic knowledge and technology transfer, and promoting the mobility of researchers in an international multicultural scientific environment.
The position is available for CERIC-ERIC within the European project Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud – PaNOSC. PaNOSC aims at the development of meta-data catalogues and data repositories to provide federated services for making research data easily Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Re-usable (FAIR). PaNOSC will provide petabytes of curated data from thousands of applied and basic science experiments annually and the analysis software for many fields ranging from materials and life sciences to cultural heritage and palaeontology.
The job post relates to the project tasks regarding the Data Catalog and Analysis Services. Data in distributed facilities like CERIC are managed through advanced databases accessed by specialised web portals. The successful candidate will work in Data Catalog and web development related tasks of the project. The overall goal of is to provide an EOSC service that allow for users to seamlessly and easily access data from the diverse set of catalogs at the existing facilities. The situation today is that there is a plethora of different catalog services that each allow for access to data in slightly different ways. Some solutions are used in more than one place (e.g. ICAT) but quite commonly with local adaptations, and not allowing for federation of other similar catalogues. The successful candidate as part of a team will define a unified API and enable the existing and future services to be used by EOSC through the API and web-portals. The desired skillset is diverse, and training on the job will be provided.
18 May, 2020, 12:00pm CET
Qualifications and other Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Advanced Databases and web development are required. Knowledge of Oracle and Oracle Plsql is a plus.
- Knowledge of Angular, React JS or Vue.js is a plus.
- Experience in development for mobile platforms.
- Experience with distributed control systems like TANGO is a plus.
- At least to 2 years of work experience is required (in Research Institutes is a plus).
- Experience in European projects and international collaborations will be considered a plus.
- English is the working language, hence very good communication and writing skills in English are necessary.
- Availability to travel in other partner institutes and attend project meetings.
The position will be based in Basovizza, Trieste, Italy. Full time, fixed-term contract, until November 30th, 2022. The compensation offered will commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include meal vouchers, health insurance, education and training. 33 days holiday + Bank holidays.
If you think you might be a perfect match for our company, send your CV, written in English, and the list of two references to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org the following subject:
Software Engineer – Databases and Web development
For further information about the project please contact: Dario Roccella