PaN ESCAPE Data Management Workshop
Our PaN user communities are very diverse and wide-ranging in their requirements. Yet, they share the requirements of mapping experimental data to published research papers as well as interfaces for reusing data for their own benefit and that of the science they are involved with. Consequently, with the ever-increasing amount of data produced by our facilities and the trend of using distributed and horizontal analysis, storage and archiving infrastructures, automated smart data transfer and data management systems will become inevitable in the near future.
Our colleagues from the H2020 ESCAPE project are working on implementing a blueprint for such an infrastructure: The “ESCAPE Data Lake”. The ESCAPE project incorporates High Energy Physics (HEP) and Astronomy communities like WLCG, CTA, SKA, Solar and Neutrino scientists to list but a few. During this workshop ESCAPE Data Management experts will introduce their data lake idea and its current status. We have speakers who will share their use case on federated data infrastructures, enabling large national research data centres to work together and build a robust cloud-like service.
Our event will be held completely online.
- Title: ExPaNDS & PaNOSC – ESCAPE Data Management Workshop
- Date:12th January 2021
- Time: 08:30 GMT/09:30 CET to 11:45 GMT/12:45 CET
- Project Introduction & overview ExPaNDS & PaNOSC – Patrick Fuhrmann (DESY)
- Project Introduction & overview ESCAPE – Xavier Espinal (CERN)
- Prominent PaN use cases:
- Ian Johnson (STFC)
- Marco De Simone (CERIC ERIC)
- Jean-Francois Perrin (ESRF)
- ESCAPE data lake use cases – Xavier Espinal (CERN)
- The MAGIC telescope experiment – Agustin Bruzzese (PIC)
- SKA Experiment – James Collinson (SKA)
- Quality of Service (QoS) in Storage – Paul Millar (DESY)
- Q&A Session
Please note that this workshop will be recorded and the recording will be published on the PaNOSC and ExPaNDS websites after the event.