ExPaNDS/PaNOSC Technical Workshop: The Portal Architecture test experience
The ExPaNDS & PaNOSC Technical Workshop aims to gather professionals from the Photon and Neutron (PaN) facilities who are participating in the development and integration of the technical tools on both projects.
The workshops, hosted on the 8th and 9th October from 13:00 – 17:00 (CEST), will also include the results of CALIPSOplus, which is the ExPaNDS / PaNOSC forerunner project on Data Analysis as a Service paradigm.
Outline of the agenda:
- CALIPSOplus project as the first experience of the PaN facilities with Data Analysis as a Service.
- Brief overview of the status of ExPaNDS and PaNOSC
- Facilities talks about:
- The team: people who are, or will be, working on the project and their expertise.
- “The Portal Architecture experience”
- What went well?
- What could go better?
- What is the gap between what’s in your facility and what the Portal needs?
- COVID-19 and the impact on your team’s roadmap (e.g. remote users support):
- For this year
- For the future, if any
- Results on the survey “Data Analysis Requirements and Solutions”
- Open discussion and wrap up
To gain an understanding of how prepared PaN facilities are for the challenges within PaNOSC and ExPaNDS (and beyond), we would like each facility to get together and complete the Data Analysis Requirements and Solutions Survey. Here is also the survey already completed by PaNOSC in Task 4.1. The deadline to complete it is August 31st 2020.